Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent rights-based humanitarian organization working to protect the rights of displaced and vulnerable persons during crisis. NRC has established operations in Sudan in line with the humanitarian response plan with strategic programming priorities focusing on Education, Livelihoods and Food Security, Shelter, Camp coordination and camp management, and Information, Counselling, and Legal Assistance (ICLA). The ICLA programme provides services to displacement-affected populations to enable them to claim and exercise their rights and contribute towards attaining durable solutions through various thematic areas including; legal identity and civil documentation, employment laws and procedures, and housing, land and property rights (HLP) and Access to essential services.
To date NRC - ICLA has set up operations in 4 States Gedaref, Khartoum, North, and West Darfur states with potential expansion to South Kordofan and White Nile. This assessment seeks to contribute to promoting access to employment opportunities for displacement-affected communities in Sudan by identifying the available information, laws, and procedures to inform the design of NRC’s intervention on employment laws and procedures in Sudan.
The overall objective of this research is to contribute towards increased opportunities to access employment and sustainable livelihoods for displacement-affected communities by promoting evidence-based understanding of the challenges/barriers limiting access to livelihoods and employment opportunities. This will include a comprehensive analysis of laws, policies and procedures regulating employment laws and procedures in Sudan which will inform programming and improve awareness on procedures and practices. This will in turn contribute to improved programming to support access to livelihood and employment opportunities for displacement-affected communities in Sudan.
PROCESS FOR APPLICATION
- Deadline for submission: 23rd of March 2023, 16:00 (GMT+2)
- Complete Proposal documents must be submitted either by EMAIL OR HAND DELIVERY (ENVELOPES) that shall be hand delivered at the following address not later than the due date indicated above.
- Email for submission: email@example.com and Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The e-mail subject of the application should be titled: “Employment laws and Procedures Assessment, Sudan”
- Address for submission: NRC Sudan Country Office, 4th Floor, Nile Tower, Fourth Floor, Block 10, Building #20, Street 63, Khartoum