IRI is the premier international democracy-development organization. Our nonpartisan, nongovernmental Institute has performed high-impact work in more than 100 countries since 1983—in Africa, Asia, Eurasia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa—and currently has offices in 40 countries worldwide.
Bid No: AFRICA2022SUDAN05a
12 Nov 2022
The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
The primary language for its beneficiaries in Sudan is Sudanese Arabic and therefore IRI-Sudan will require professional document translation services and oral translation services to translate between English and Sudanese Arabic to further its communication with partners and beneficiaries.
Period of Performance:
- Date of Signature through August 24, 2023 with the option to extend for a total duration of up to 3 years in two one-year increments.
Scope of Work
Bidder may provide a combination of the following:
- Simultaneous and consecutive professional interpretation, translation and transcription services from English to Sudanese Arabic and from Sudanese Arabic to English for the following:
- Training workshops, meetings, events or conferences that IRI holds online or in-person. IRI may require more than one translator for each event.
- Translation and transcription of documents, videos and audio files.
- High quality professional equipment for translation including, but not limited to, microphones, wireless receivers and headphones, soundproof translation booth, and all other necessary audio equipment.
- Transportation for all equipment and translators to and from each event
For more details check the below-attached document.