EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
PROCUREMENT OF Agricultural Machines (Sesame Cutters)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH through its implementing program “Integrated Measures to Promote Rural-Urban Value Addition and Employment-IMPROVE” is Co-Financed by the European Union.
The project is being implemented in east and west Galabat location of eastern Sudan. The specific objectives of the project are to increase farmers income, to provide viable solutions to adapt farming systems to market and climate variability and to provide farmers with new techniques to increase agricultural productivity and production.
A number of interventions are being carried out to achieve the above objectives, namely; capacity-building on agricultural production and value-addition, climate adaptation and resilience, governance of farmer-based associations and networks, and provision of agricultural machinery to support production and value-addition of agricultural products.
GIZ will procure sesame cutter as stated below to several locations in Sudan, this will be communicated during the tender process. Details of machinery specifications and required units are also indicated on the table below.
Minimum specifications, but not limited.
No. of Units
Reaper binder, rear mounted, upper and lower picker, minimum 75 HP requirement, minimum width 3.6m, pully and belt motive.
The spare parts should be available in the local market.
To qualify for consideration in the tender procedure, interested companies are required to submit the following information and documents for eligibility assessment clearly indicating the Lot they intend to bid.
- Official letter expressing interest in the tender.
- Company Profile including full company name, full address, phone and email
- Copy of company registration certificate, and Tax certificate from the tax chamber
- List of experience in similar services in supply of agricultural equipment. This list should clearly state at least 3 names of the awarding companies, business email, contact person name, contact person phone number, order value and type of agricultural machines supplied. Presentation of award letters or purchase orders are highly recommended.
- Bank reference letter issue in favor of GIZ Sudan from your bank stating that your company have no debt obligation and have good financial standing with your bank or turn over equivalent to 1.5 million dollars in the last 3 years per lot.
The contract for the supply of machines will be issued in United States Dollars (USD), hence payments will be via bank transfer or cheque to successful company’s nominated accounts held in company’s name account details in any bank. There will be no payments or transfer to third-party/related company hence it is your company responsibility that you have all required foreign currency bank information in line with financial regulation in the country. Further, there will be no payments in cash.
The information and documents specified above should be submitted to GIZ on or before August 7, 2022 by 14.00 at the latest in hardcopies in a sealed envelope to
GIZ Country Office Amarat Street 3, House No. 28, Block No. 10A Amarat Town, Khartoum East
Sudan to be edited
The back of the sealed envelope must be clearly marked as follows:
“91164505 - Expression of Interest for Supply of Agricultural Machines (Sesame Cutters)”
Do not send all financial offers with your documents at this time, this will not be considered and may result in disqualification from participation in receiving tender document
All documents must be submitted in English language. For official document in Arabic Language, translated copies must be submitted duly signed by Director or Legal representative of the company.